With consignments spanning 100 years of automotive production and a crowd filled with passionate car buyers, Carlisle Auctions’ first event of 2020 was a major success. Carlisle Auctions called Lakeland, Florida and Winter AutoFest home for two days, moving 400+ consignments in front of a packed hanger on the spacious SUN n’ FUN Expo Campus.
There were more than a few great cars that helped draw an impressive bidder turnout for the Winter AutoFest auction. Those cars, a 2005 Ford Read More
RM Auctions is gearing up for the first of its two annual sales at the historic Auburn Auction Park—Auburn Spring. A spring tradition for collector car enthusiasts across the country, the 2020 sale will see approximately 400 collector cars, ranging from American classics to European sports cars, muscle, hot rods, customs, and modern collectibles, as well as a wide array of memorabilia, go under the hammer. Leading early sale highlights are two significant, single-owner collections, The Bill Akin Collection Read More
Fifty-five years after Ken Miles drove a 1965 Ford Shelby GT350 Competition Model to victory in its first race on Valentine’s Day, the Original Venice Crew (OVC) has announced a special edition of their authorized continuation sports car to honor that achievement and its driver. OVC, which builds the world-class continuation car, will offer three Ken Miles Read More
Profiles in this issue:
- Truck – 1976 GMC Sierra Grande Custom Pickup
- Race – 1965 Dodge Coronet Super Stock Hemi
- Mopar – 1969 Dodge Super Bee A12
- Hot Rod – 1936 Ford Deluxe Roadster Custom
- GM – 1970 Buick GS 455 Stage 1
- Ford – 1968 Ford Mustang “Bullitt”
- Corvette – 1966 Chevrolet Corvette 427/450 convertible
- Americana – 1954 Taylor Aerocar
Profiles in this issue:
- Truck – 1970 Chevrolet C10 Custom Pickup
- Race – 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 Lightweight
- Mopar – 1971 Plymouth Hemi GTX
- Hot Rod – 1932 Ford Roadster
- GM – 1967 Chevrolet Impala SS 427
- Ford – 1995 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R
- Corvette – 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Custom convertible
- Americana – 1969 Dodge Charger R/T “General Lee”
Mecum Auctions will return to State Farm Stadium for its second-annual event in Glendale, Arizona, this March 11-14 with an estimated 1,500 American muscle cars, classics, Corvettes, trucks, exotics, Hot Rods, Resto Mods and more expected to cross the auction block, as well as more than 500 Road Art items and 120 collectible guitars.
This month’s ACC Reader’s Forum question:
We’ve all been there: A great car comes up at a great price, but you just aren’t in a spot to do anything about it. Maybe it’s a lack of funds, maybe it’s a lack of parking places. Either way, the deal slips away, quickly becoming one of your car-person regrets.
Which car deals have you missed, and what were they?
Here’s how you responded:
It is 1974. I have returned from the Read More