When the Dobbertin Nova was unveiled in 1982, it turned the custom car world on its ear. It has appeared on the cover of 14 magazines and has been featured in over 100 publications around the world. It is, without question, one of the most significant and important custom cars ever built, and to this day remains a benchmark for innovation and excellence among hot rod enthusiasts.
Rick Dobbertin devoted more than 3,000 hours over the course of three years Read More
With a striking color combination of brown exterior and tan interior, this 1980 Jeep also has orange Renegade graphics, orange to yellow tones of stripes and period-correct white steel wheels.
The Jeep is reported as running with the “rare” 2.5-liter inline 4-cylinder engine that is also known as the “iron duke.” This is paired with a 4-speed manual transmission and has the popular 4×4 drive system.
The CJ5 has received a recent, sympathetic mechanical restoration that is complemented by what Read More
The Stutz Blackhawk was an American high-end specialty luxury car manufactured from 1971 through 1987. The Stutz Motor Company was revived in August 1968 by New York banker James O’Donnell. He joined forces with retired Chrysler stylist Virgil Exner, who designed the new Blackhawk.
The new Blackhawk was prototyped by Ghia in Italy at a cost of over $300,000. To offer exclusivity and still allow easy servicing in the United States, a custom-built Italian body was added to a GM Read More
This pickup was built by Gas Monkey Garage on Discovery’s hit show “Fast N’ Loud.” It has a fresh new paint job using the factory colors with a factory two-tone paint scheme. The low stance of the truck was achieved using air-ride products from Porterbuilt Fabrication and AccuAir Suspension. Under the hood is a GM Performance crate LS7 with a host of parts that produce an estimated 600 hp. Backing up the motor is a heavy-duty 4L85E auto transmission. Inside Read More
• Campaigned by Jeff Gordon in 14 NASCAR Nextel Cup Races in 2006 and 2007
• Winner of the 2006 USG Sheetrock 400 and 2007 Bank of America 500
Following its retirement from professional racing at the end of the 2007 season, this car was restored to as-raced condition by the Hendrick Motorsports Number 24 team, and it still appears just as it did in 2006 and 2007. This Chevy is perhaps one of the most notable cars from the Read More
• This ISCA award-winning 1972 Corvette coupe has been fully customized in every possible respect
• Every piece able to be chromed (except engine block and frame) has been gold- or chrome-plated
• This stand-out coupe was the result of thousands of hours of work
• Documentation from the original owner
• The seller traced this car back to its original owner, who completed all of the customization work and showed this car across the Midwest
• This custom won Read More
This highly customized ’56 Chevy truck has undergone a meticulous, frame-off restoration by the team at Velocity Restorations. The chassis was outfitted with Mustang II IFS, stainless 4-link, Ridetech’s complete Shockwave air-ride system, custom fabricated 20-gallon fuel cell, narrowed rear end with Strange axles and 3.73 Positraction unit, and more.
Under the hood is an LS1 engine upgraded with LS2 fuel injectors, intake and 96-mm throttle body. Engine was hooked to a 4L60E automatic transmission to obtain optimal cruising RPMs.
All-original car with 8,600 actual miles. Ash Gold with black top and interior. 307 V8, power steering, Rally wheels, AM Radio, Bumperettes. Factory pinstripe. Runs and drives like the brand-new car it almost is.
When you have the opportunity to buy a low-mileage car like this, it makes you doubly proud of the ownership, and the car is bound to keep appreciating in value. Remember, they are only original once!
• Seamless joining of a 1969 Road Runner body to a 2008 Charger SRT8
• “Cars on Ice” Top 20 award
• Professionally built by David Rodriguez
• Hemi 6.1L engine
• New AMD sheet metal with superb body gaps
• SRT8 leather trimmed front bucket seats with SRT badging
• Kicker sound system with 13 speakers, 200-watt subwoofer and 322-watt amp
• Anti-lock 4-wheel Brembo performance brakes
• Specially calibrated 5-speed AutoStick transmission
• DVD-based GPS navigation function with Read More