- 327-ci/375-hp L84 V8
- Original numbers-matching engine
- Last year for Rochester fuel injection
- Original Muncie M20 4-speed transmission
- First year for four-wheel disc brakes
- Optional knockoff aluminum wheels
- Presented in Nassau Blue
- Pristine two-tone blue and white interior
- Body-off restoration
- Completely detailed
- NCRS Top Flight Award winner
Acolleague once bought a rescue dog. It was a cute, bright-eyed thing that looked like a cross between an Australian cattle dog and a German bierwurst sausage. Unfortunately, this lovable mutt had numerous congenital problems, including seizures that required substantial doses of time and money to diagnose and treat. The good news is that with the right medication, the little guy is happy and healthy today.
This reminds me of what can happen when buying Read More
- One of three Motion Performance Corvettes built in 1973
- Custom bodywork and numerous special Motion Performance features
- 350-ci engine with 425 dyno-tested horsepower
- Reworked Turbo 400 transmission
- Center console, T-tops and letter of authenticity signed by Joel Rosen, aka “Mr. Motion”
- The only 1973 Motion Performance Corvette Manta Ray GT known to exist
Classic Corvettes are happy to be driven really hard. So there’s no reason why they should ever sit out a season of driving — or even year-round use in non-blizzardy climates.
Of course, while a 1956, 1966 or 1976 Corvette was contemporary in its time, the technology of 40 to 60 years ago borders on antique today. This means that no matter how nice they may be, all old Corvettes have room for improvement to approach current levels of versatility, Read More
For an English major, I sure did lousy in Ye Olde English Literature. Byron, Keats, Milton and the rest seemed unbearably stuffy compared to my favorite authors of the period — the editors of Hot Rod, Road & Track and Car and Driver — in particular, Brock Yates.
But one poet did come up with two lines that have stayed with me: “Oh, do not ask, ‘What is Read More
Our beautiful minds are badly illogical sometimes. We buy three cases of Cactus Cooler we don’t need because it’s on sale. We remit tax dollars instead of redlining our IRAs. And we miss owning the classic Corvette of our dreams because it “costs too much.” Say what?
There’s really no such thing as paying too much for a classic Corvette, and I think I can prove it to you.
Must pay to play
People Read More
Recently, I drove down to the harbor to watch a neighbor launch his wood sloop, at last finished after 28 years under construction in his shed.
I wasn’t in a Corvette, but rather a 1967 Mustang that I recently adopted. The little Ivy Green coupe exerted a magnetic pull on a college-age young man, who ambled over to ask about its engine. This somehow took me back to my own college days, when my buddies Read More
- Highly original example of the final C2 Sting Ray coupe
- Handsome original color combination with black stinger hood
- 427-ci V8 engine
- Single Holley 4-bbl carburetor
- 390 hp at 5,400 rpm
- 4-speed manual
- Displays less than 50,000 original miles
- 2007 Bloomington Gold Survivor Award
- 2015 NCRS Second Flight Award
- Accompanied by original jack, spare wheel and owner’s manual
- Offered with original tank sticker and important documents
This 1970 Corvette LT-1 coupe was bought new off the showroom floor at Backhus-Ebert Chevy-Olds in Fowlerville, MI, in May 1970. Options included the 350-ci 370-hp solid-lifter engine, close-ratio 4-speed M21 transmission, 4.11 axle, power brakes, Firestone F70 white-letter tires, AM/FM radio, alarm system, and a dealer-added luggage rack.
The seller purchased the Corvette from the original owner in 1981 with all original paperwork, including the window sticker and sales order. Now showing just 19,900 original miles, the car still Read More
- VIN: 1G1YY12S615124660
- One of 5,773 produced
- 385-hp LS6 engine
- 6,500-rpm redline tachometer
- Titanium exhaust system
- 6-speed manual transmission
- Bridgestone Potenza RE760 tires
- FE4 suspension
- Rear brake-cooling ducts
- Quicksilver paint
- Bose AM/FM/CD stereo
- Service records and original window sticker
- Driven 100 miles per month since new
- Presents in showroom condition