- Fresh body-off restoration from an NCRS vice chairman
- Matching-numbers, 283-ci, 270-hp, dual-quad engine
- 4-speed manual transmission
- Wonder Bar radio
- Windshield washers
- Parking-brake alarm
- Two-tone paint
- New chrome
- BF Goodrich Silvertown wide whitewalls
- Painted to meet current NCRS judging
Almost 100,000 Chargers were sold in 1968, with 17,584 of them outfitted with the Road/Track package. Of those, only 475 were produced with the optional 426 Street Hemi, including the example offered here. Making this car even more desirable is its rare color combination of dark blue over an Electric Blue interior.
Mopar restoration expert Julius Steuer purchased the car and, in 2009, restored it at his shop in Los Angeles. David Mikkelson acquired it shortly after the restoration was Read More
All Adventurers built between 1956 and 1958 were limited in production, but the 1957 model was especially so, having been introduced later than the rest of that year’s DeSoto line. There was no mention of the model in the catalog and no Adventurer brochure — just an insert for the owner’s manual, welcoming owners to “the elite Adventurer family.” Elite, indeed; in 1957, only 300 convertibles were made.
The car offered here is even rarer in being equipped with factory Read More
- M-code Dart GTS, one of 640 produced in 1969
- Frame-off restoration completed in 2010
- M-code 440-ci 375-hp engine
- 727 automatic transmission
- 8.75-inch rear end, 3.54 gears
- B5 Blue with black interior
- White tail stripes
- Copy of a Texas title from 1982
- Well-optioned example of the GT500 KR
- Finely preserved and largely original
- Finished in era-evoking Lime Gold
- Recently serviced and collector owned
- Documented by Marti Report, maintenance records and copies of factory build sheets
This all-original, unrestored survivor, 1965 convertible Mustang was purchased new in October 1964. Since then it has remained in the same family and has been garaged since new.
It has 14,633 original, documented miles. Like-new inside and out, it’s in pristine condition and runs like a top.
It has original everything. The convertible top is in excellent condition and original rear plastic window is crystal clear. It’s equipped with the original 289-ci 225-hp Read More
- F-code supercharged Thunderbird 312-ci, 300-hp V8
- Automatic transmission
- Continental kit
- Twin dual-purpose spotlight/mirrors
- Rare — one of 13 built in 1957
- Only 1957 F-code Skyliner with power front windows
- Beautifully restored in factory-correct colors
- Multiple AACA winner
- 2011 Best of Show at Skyliners of America National
- Perhaps the finest restored example
- Cadillac-LaSalle Club Senior Award winner
- Loaded with options
Cadillac redesigned its models in 1965 and continued a slow evolution of the new styling in 1967 with reworked contours, which gave the cars an appearance of greater length and muscularity. Underneath, the valve train and engine fan were refined for smoother operation, and a new carburetor was fitted. Body mounts were tuned, with the result being a car that was everything that a Cadillac Read More
Eager to shed its stodgy reputation during the 1960s, American Motors launched a daring assault on the lucrative youth market with a series of prototypes. Developed at AMC’s advanced styling studios in October 1965, the first AMX prototype — short for American Motors experimental — was developed under Charles Mashigan, a leading contributor to Ford’s original Thunderbird and Chrysler’s Turbine.
AMC management was suitably encouraged to approve further development, enlisting outside contractors Smith Inland of Ionia, MI, to build a Read More
Frame-off, state-of-the-art, correct restoration of Chevrolet Black Widow car #47 driven by Jack Smith. This is one of the original six factory-backed cars. SEDCO of Atlanta NASCAR race-prepared vehicle. No GM documentation.
283/283 fuel-injected engine and correct components, including six-lug wheels, Fenton headers and exhaust, high-performance Hydrovac brake system, 20-gallon gas tank and special HD 3.90 rear end. This vehicle scored 997 at Classic Chevy Nationals and recently won First Place—Racing Class at the 2012 Ault Park Concours d’Elegance.