- 426-ci 425-hp Hemi V8 engine
- Hurst console shift 4-speed manual transmission
- Frame-off rotisserie restoration in 2013
- Owner states this car is one of 503 with this engine/transmission combination
- Two 4-barrel carburetors
- Dana 60 rear end with 3:55 gears
- Bucket seats
- Spinner hubcaps on steel wheels
- Redline tires
The same proud owner has had this Nomad for the past 22 years. The engine is completely chrome and/or billet. It has a 350 GM Performance crate engine, 700R4 transmission, power steering, four-wheel power disc brakes, power windows, air conditioning and dual Lexus six-way power seats. This car is sorted out, runs great and is ready to enjoy and show.
In total, 21,380 Thunderbirds were produced in 1957. The most rare and desirable of these are affectionately referred to as F-birds. This is one of only 212 examples fitted with the supercharged F-code 312/300-hp V8 engine. It also has a Holley 4-barrel carburetor, automatic transmission, power steering and power brakes. The F-code engine elevated the performance of a standard Thunderbird from a reasonably quick cruiser to a dedicated quarter-mile contender.
This 1957 F-bird was fastidiously restored to be competitive on Read More