Christmas shopping for car people can be tough, especially when you only have a few days left before the big day. But there are a lot of great gift ideas out there, and you don’t have to spend a lot to make a gearhead happy. Here are a couple of last-minute automotive gift ideas for under $100 each.
1. A nice tire gauge. Something like this Moroso unit for $41.95 at Summit Racing would be perfect for general use, since it reads from 0-60 psi, and it’ll be a lot more accurate than the pencil-type gauge he or she is already using.
2. It’s always a good idea to plan for the unexpected. Something like this 73-piece road hazard kit is a smart addition to any trunk, classic car or not. $53.63 at Amazon.com.
3. A good detailing kit is a great choice as well. You know it’ll get used. This Meguiar’s kit comes with a little bit of everything, and it’s a deal at $46.95.
4. How about a gift card to a restoration parts supplier, or a performance parts supplier? Even cars that are completely finished will need new parts from time to time. Look to YearOne, Classic Industries, Camaro Central, Dearborn Classics, Summit racing, etc – just be sure you know what kind of car you’re catering to, since some companies only specialize in certain makes and models.
5. If you love ACC, why not give it as a gift? A gift subscription to ACC is just $24.95 and includes six issues, two price guides, and our Top 500 Sales booklet. Check it out here.