Overall sales totals at the Mecum Houston 2017 collector-car auction held this past weekend at the NRG Arena in Houston, Texas, reached $21.7 million. With 793 vehicles offered throughout the three-day auction, an impressive 70-percent sell-through rate was achieved as 554 cars hammered sold.
Held during the same weekend as the Houston Auto Show, the Mecum Houston 2017 auction was host to large crowds all three days as auto enthusiasts from across the country poured into NRG Park for a double dose of automotive and collector-car excitement. Bidding was strong, evidenced by the LaQuay Collection of 54 vehicles achieving $3.3 million in hammer sales, and seven vehicles from the Emalee Burton Collection selling for a total of $800,000. Top sales honors went to a 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 fastback (Lot S46) that brought $325,000, followed closely by a 1969 Shelby GT500 Convertible (Lot F97) that demanded $250,000.
The complete top 10 sales at the Mecum Houston 2017 auction include (numbers include 10% buyer’s premium):
- 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback (Lot S46) at $357,500
- 1969 Shelby GT500 Convertible (Lot F97) at $275,000
- 2005 Ford GT (Lot S29.1) at $269,500
- 1967 Shelby GT500 Fastback (Lot F99) at $209,000
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Resto Mod (Lot S110) at $204,050
- 1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda (Lot S52) at $198,000
- 2008 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 (Lot S136.1) at $187,000
- 1989 Ferrari Testarossa (Lot S139.1) at $178,750
- 2003 Ferrari 575M Maranello (Lot S29) at $165,000
- 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Split Window Coupe (Lot S130) at $154,000