Mecum Kissimmee 2017, the world’s largest collector-car auction held Jan. 6-15, at Osceola Heritage Park in Kissimmee, Florida, achieved more than $86 million in total sales. Of the nearly 2,700 vehicles to cross the auction block throughout the 10-day auction, a total of 1,981 vehicles were sold, accounting for a 75-percent sell-through rate.
The Road Art® side of Mecum Kissimmee 2017 saw similar success with a 93-percent sell-through rate, a 5-percent increase over last year’s Kissimmee auction. A total of 1,260 pieces of Road Art and rare parts were sold during the auction for a total of $2.5 million.
Engagement and excitement throughout the 2017 auction was unprecedented. In addition to a hefty 20-percent increase in ticket sales over 2016, customers and fans at home were more actively engaged than ever— Mecum.com saw a record 15-million page views in the 10-day span with Saturday, Jan. 14, going on record as the busiest day in the history of Mecum.com.
The crowd’s enthusiasm translated to strong sales. Muscle cars and Corvettes from the 1960s and ‘70s dominated the Mecum roster with healthy hammer prices from start to finish, though virtually all categories of collector-car interest were represented among the huge array of offerings including European exotics, Resto Mods and supercars, all of which claimed their place among Mecum top sales.
The complete top 10 sales at the Mecum Kissimmee 2017 auction include (individual prices include $10% buyer’s premium):
- 1969 Maserati Ghibli 4.9 Spyder (Lot S185) at $1,012,000
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S146.1) at $852,500
- 2005 Porsche Carrera GT (Lot S157) at $687,500
- 1963 Chevrolet Impala Z11 ‘Old Reliable IV’ (Lot S103) at $577,500
- 1957 Chevrolet Corvette Big Brake Airbox (Lot F101) at $495,000
- 1963 Pontiac Catalina Swiss Cheese (Lot F108) at $473,000
- 1980 BMW M1 (Lot S176) at $440,000
- 1963 Chevrolet Impala Z11 (Lot S104) at $374,000
- 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition (Lot F156) at $360,250
- 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Split Window Coupe (Lot S145.1) at $330,000