Mecum ended the 2011 auction season on a high note, with record sales, consignments and attendance for their Kansas City Auction, Dec. 1-3, 2011, at the Kansas City Convention Center/Bartle Hall in Kansas City, Mo.
More than 800 vehicles crossed the auction block with a 70% sell-through rate. Total sales topped $12.3 million, which encompasses total hammer sales of more than $11.6 million plus Mecum’s low 6% buyer’s premium on vehicles.
“This year’s grand finale was the largest auction Mecum has ever had in Kansas City, smashing every company record for this event,” said President Dana Mecum. “The total sales, cars offered and sold, registered bidders and overall attendance all far exceeded the response in years’ past.”
Mecum’s top seller was a rare 4-Speed 1969 Shelby GT500 Convertible finished in Gulfstream Aqua with White interior that hammered for $165,000. Additional highlights included a 1970 Plymouth Superbird 440 Six Pack for $122,500 and a well-documented 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 selling at $72,500.
The Kansas City December 2011 Top 10 Vehicle Sales (all sales reflect hammer prices) were:
1. 1969 Shelby GT500 Convertible (Lot S99) at $165,000
2. 1970 Plymouth Superbird (Lot S69) at $122,500
3. 1967 Ford Mustang Resto Mod (Lot S111) at $121,000
4. 1953 Buick Skylark Convertible (Lot S90) at $120,000
5. 1956 Ford Thunderbird (Lot S69.1) at $90,000
6. 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Fastback (Lot S86) at $78,500
7. 1965 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S97) at $78,000
8. 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Resto Mod (Lot F139) at $77,500
9. 1958 Chrysler Imperial Crown Convertible (Lot S146) at $75,000
10. 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (Lot S63) at $72,500
Complete auction results are available to Mecum InfoNet members, which is free to join at www.Mecum.com. Mecum InfoNet members can log in to see car-by-car results by visiting the Results Page.
Up next for Mecum is their massive Kissimmee Auction, Jan. 24-29, 2012 in Kissimmee, Fla. The auction, which will broadcast on Discovery’s Velocity network during the “Mecum Auto Auctions: Muscle Cars & More” show, is open to the general public with tickets available in advance or at the door for just $15 per day.
For information about bidder registration or to consign a vehicle, visit www.Mecum.com or call 262.275.5050.