Start Auction Week with the only west coast showing of “The Quest,” a special event to benefit the Chip Miller Charitable Foundation!
“The Quest” documents the efforts of a son to fulfill his late father’s dream to reunite the first Corvette to win its class at Le Mans in 1960 with the world-famous driver (John Fitch & Bob Grossman) – who made it happen – 50 years after the flag dropped. Directed by Michael Brown, the film documents the arduous crusade of Chip Miller, co-founder of the collector car extravaganza Carlisle Events, to find, restore and reunite the first American car to win its class at Le Mans’ grueling 24-hour race with its driver 50 years after the fact. Tragically, Chip Miller died in 2004 from amyloidosis, a disease for which there is no current cure. Chip’s son Lance picked up the torch to complete his father’s vision. This film traces the story from discovery of the Corvette to the triumphant return of John Fitch and the Briggs Cunningham team Corvette to the 24 Hours of Le Mans race in 2010. The film is a compelling tale of a son’s love for his father and his passion to see a dream fulfilled.
– Special VIP Corvette Legends Reception including ‘Vette Racers Bob Bondurant, Dick Guldstrand, Jim Jeffords, Paul Reinhart, Joe Freitas and many more…
– Display of Le Mans-raced Corvettes, including the #3 Cunningham Corvette – John Fitch’s 1960 GT Class winner – and the Camoradi Team Corvette
– Display of historic race cars, including the 1976 Lotus 77 Formula One car raced by Mario Andretti and the ex-Walt Hangsen Cunningham Lister Jaguar and many more!
– Held in conjunction with the 2012 National Convention of the Solid Axle Corvette Club of America in Phoenix
– “The Quest” director, Michael Brown, will share his thoughts on the film prior to the screening.
– All admission packages include collector copy of the Vintage Motorsports article detailing the return to Le Mans in 2010
Tickets will not be available at the door, so be sure to purchase your tickets now! Tickets can purchased online or by calling Angela Morsa at 215-885-3351. Net proceeds benefit the Chip Miller Charitable Foundation and our fight against Amyloidosis.
Tickets: $20 per person General Admission (car show and movie)
$75 per person VIP (car show, movie and VIP Legends reception. Includes wine and hors d’oeuvres)
Date: Sunday – January 15, 2012
Time: 11:00 am Car display opens .
1:00 pm “The Quest” screening
3:00 pm VIP Legends Reception/autograph session
Location: Arizona Biltmore Resort
2400 E. Missouri Ave. Phoenix AZ 85016