- 533-ci big-block Ford V8, (estimated) 450 hp, modified for E85 fuel
- FAST ECU fuel injection, Edelbrock intake manifold
- Ford C6 3-speed automatic transmission, disc brakes
- Air Ride Technologies 4-link suspension
- Built by Boyd Coddington and Hot Rods by Boyd
- Featured on “American Hot Rod” TV Series
Boyd Coddington teamed up with the SoBe (South Beach) beverage company to design and build the first-ever E85-powered hot rod. The project started out as a rather clean, stock 1960 Mercury woodie wagon, now known as “The Lizard King.” It was revealed as part of the ESA East Coast Scholastic Surfing Championships presented by FEW-New Zealand at Bethune Park in New Smyrna Beach, FL. The project aired on later episodes of “American Hot Rod” on TLC.
Hot rod designer Todd Emmens combined a surfing-inspired concept, with the Boyd look to give it a hot-rod touch. Channel Island Surfboards founder Al Merrick was a contributor.