Harry Mann Chevrolet was the largest Corvette dealer in America when the new 1963 Sting Ray Z06 made its race debut at the October 1962 Times Grand Prix in Riverside, CA. However, driver Gary Pickens was relegated to the sidelines, as Chevrolet had released only six RPO Z06 competition Corvettes and none would be available to the Mann dealership until December.
Undaunted, Mann and Pickens took a regular 1963 Corvette Split-Window coupe with the L84 fuel-injected 360-hp engine and built Read More
• This ISCA award-winning 1972 Corvette coupe has been fully customized in every possible respect
• Every piece able to be chromed (except engine block and frame) has been gold- or chrome-plated
• This stand-out coupe was the result of thousands of hours of work
• Documentation from the original owner
• The seller traced this car back to its original owner, who completed all of the customization work and showed this car across the Midwest
• This custom won Read More
This beautifully restored second-year ’Vette has covered fewer than 34,000 miles with three different owners in the 60 years since it rolled off the line in St. Louis. Its original owner kept the car only briefly and drove it sparingly before its second owner acquired it in 1958 with a mere 2,000 miles on the register. It was a carefully loved and well-maintained car, and only 29,000 miles were driven in the subsequent 48 years.
The current owner purchased the Read More
• Unrestored with 2,996 original miles
• One owner until July 2011
• Original 427/390, M20 4-speed and 3.36 Positraction rear end
• Original paint, interior and chrome
• Documented with practically every original document including the window sticker, Protect-O-Plate, purchase receipt, title, registration, photos and owner’s manual
• The original owner, Don McNamara, is the only person to have driven the car
• Three people are known to have sat in the car
• No one has sat in Read More
For the 1996 model year, Chevrolet decided that a very special Corvette was needed to commemorate the end of the highly successful C4 generation. Dubbed the Grand Sport, this special car was named after the famous lightweight factory Corvette racers of the early ’60s.
Echoing the original, the new Grand Sport featured a special Admiral Blue exterior with an Arctic White stripe over the hood and rear deck, two red hash-mark stripes over the left front fender, black-spoke ZR-1-style wheels, Read More
This vehicle is the only known 1967 red/red L88 produced; it has GM documentation in the form of a legible Tank Sheet (Order Copy) that has been validated by the GM/NCRS Document Validation Service. It’s optioned with the L88 427 HD engine, M22 4-speed, J56 heavy-duty brakes, J50 power brakes, F41 suspension, K66 transistor ignition, G81 4.56 Positraction and shoulder harnesses.
This is the only 1967 L88 to have attained an NCRS 98.2 Regional Top Flight award (2001), 98.4 National Read More
This past summer, a trio of 1978 Pace Car Edition Corvettes sold over the course of 36 days. That’s not unusual in the auction world, but this was different. These cars brought $10k, $20k, and an astounding $86k, respectively.
Every collector-car situation is unique, with parameters and factors changing with every sale. And that’s why, in an analytical sense, it’s interesting when we can compare apples to apples by examining several identical models, all sold during a short time period. Read More
• One of 80 built, with fewer than half as convertibles
• No-hit body restored by the Naber Brothers of Houston
• After its frame-off nut-and-bolt restoration, this 16,000-mile L88 received the honor of being Bloomington Gold Certified and invited to many Bloomington Gold Special Collections
• Retains its “born-with” original motor
• The only black L88 convertible known from all three years of production with its OEM original engine
• Al Grenning of CCAS has certified the engine to Read More
This 1990 Corvette ZR-1 was once part of Mike Yager’s personal collection.
All original documentation comes with the car, including the original welcome letter from GM and a complete vehicle history in a scrapbook that includes all documents, photos and other memorabilia.